I’m back from Raymond and trying to recover. My vacation was wonderful, but not working full speed started wearing on me by Wednesday–and by Friday I was a basket case. I lost steam, tripped out of my groove, and couldn’t wait to go home by the end of it. Now that it’s over, I get to spend the next couple of days trying to get the machine running again.
If you’re the mystery-solving sort, you’ll have already deduced that my goals took a hit last week. I accomplished very little other than keeping this site alive and cleaning the dust out of a couple articles. Fear not, though, for in the spirit of full-disclosure (and not a little hope you’ll be jealous of me), I present you with a list of the things I did during my vacation.
- Played a lot of Minecraft
- Played some Skyrim
- Watched around 30 hours of Netflix
- Saw The Dark Knight Rises
- Played more Minecraft
- Went out to eat at least once a day
- Took a great number of walks
- Had the best steak of my entire life
- Made the best risotto I have ever tasted
- Talked about politics
- Tried Minecraft on the XBox 360
- Watched some of the Olympics
- Thought about playing badminton
- Watched two or three hours worth of disturbing YouTube videos
- Lost five pounds
- Killed some kind of giant, mutant spider that rushed me while I was outside having a smoke and totally would have torn my throat out given half a chance
- Smoked around half the number of cigarettes I usually do
As I wrote before, it was a very lazy week, full of hanging out and just chilling. Exactly the sort of vacation I needed. Though the next time I go, I either have to be better at working or better at letting myself relax.
Now wish me luck, and let’s both hope I have actual progress to report when Wednesday comes around.